Thursday 2 September 2010

Mixed Week

Been a mixed week of activities so far and its only Thursday!  Had a day or two of working at a local library, managed a visit to a craft shop (well you have to don't you!!), Kimberley and I cleaned the skirting boards and walls and gave the bathrooms a 'spring' clean and I managed  to finish two layouts and start to put together my tag book for Shimelle's 'Learn Something New Every Day' course which started yesterday and I've only done the front cover so far!!

On one of my surfing sessions I went on the 2peas site and found a section they do on lessons (education).  Under this there is a section called 'Patterned paper every which way'  There are eight great layouts giving you a PDF on how to produce the layout using up your patterned papers etc.  The first layout I did was 'Patterned Paper Backgrounds' using up your leftover bits and pieces which were cut up and placed on a piece of cardstock and then I used my sewing machine to fix them into place.  The second layout was 'Punches and Patterned Paper' and I love this one.  Took a while to punch all the bits and pieces out but a great way of using your punches and looks good.

No comments: