Tuesday 26 May 2009

Bank Holiday Monday

Well our long weekend has been gorgeous. Sunday was the hottest and I actually got sunburnt when I sat outside with my book!! Yesterday was cloudier but by mid afternoon the sun came out and no sign of the threatened rain, we've got it today instead! Its absolutely pouring down now so after I've done all the ironing I'm heading upto my craft room for abit of 'me' time. Kim wants to go to The Range today to look for some wellie boots so I don't mind going there, any excuse to look at stash!!! The rest of the week is getting booked up as well. Tomorrow I'm taking a car load of Alex's friends to Thetford Forest to go to a paintballing party, I was asked if I wanted to join in but think that I would be the moving target don't you?!!!! So I'll take my book and camera with me and wait in the car, in safety!!! Thursday Kim and I should be going to the Great Yarmouth races with family, never been to a race meet before so should be good.
Yesterday Neil and I went back to Sculthorpe Nature Reserve and managed to get some fab shots of a baby Woodpecker who kept poking his head out of his tree calling for his Mum to bring back food! ( click on photo for bigger image). We also saw three Marsh Harriers swooping and diving in the distance, very difficult to get a closer shot unless you had the biggest lens in the whole world like this man did in the hide with us, talk about lens envy!!!


Kim took some photos of me and Lucy yesterday in the garden, everytime I sit down outside Lucy has to be there with me or on me, whichever is better!!














No comments: