Thursday 4 March 2010

A little bit of Culture!

Yesterday my friend Judith and I went out for a drive to Blickling Hall near Aylsham which is about fifteen minutes away from us.  We had a short walk down to the Lake and I took this photo of one of the many Oak trees that are there because I just loved all the knobbly bits on it!!  Then we took some photos of the front of the Hall which is one of Norfolk's finest I think.  Then of course we had to go and have a coffee and scone to warm ourselves up as it was abit nippy.  The coffee shop there is lovely and well worth a visit.  We didn't find out till later that we could have used our car parking voucher (which was £2.50) to get £2.00 off our coffee bill!!!  Next time!!

On the way home we did a detour to a lovely small village called Heydon and we managed to see some signs of Spring, some lovely crocuses were out near the church.  Some information about Heydon:  Heydon, situated a couple of miles off the B1149 Norwich to Holt road, is indeed a very private village. It is one of only 12 villages in Britain privately owned by the estate on whose lands it sits. Yes! The whole village belongs to the Bulwer Long family who have been the owners, in residence, since 1640. They own all the shops, the houses and the pub too.

Today is a lovely sunny day, still cold, about 6C, but have managed to get out in the garden to give it a good tidy up and see where my Springs bulbs are!  Lucy has been helpful in her own little way, picking up my brush for me (and running away with it!) and eating pegs and sticks!!

No comments: