Thursday 24 December 2009

Bokeh!

No, its not a swear word!  The meaning of Bokeh is:   In photography, bokeh is the blur or the aesthetic quality of the blur  in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light. Differences in lens aberrations and aperture shape cause some lens designs to blur the image in a way that is pleasing to the eye, while others produce blurring that is unpleasant or distracting— "good" or "bad" bokeh, respectively. Bokeh occurs for parts of the scene that lie outside the depth of field. Photographers sometimes deliberately use a shallow focus technique to create images with prominent out-of-focus regions. 

 I made a cover to go over the lens (see here) and used a heart shape and a star shape.





I had to raise Lucy up off the ground which is why she's on our bean bag so I could focus on her and get the tree lights in the back ground.  She's such a good model!!!

Xmas Eve today.  Kim and I are off into the city with Mum and Dad.  We always go in the city Xmas Eve.  I hate staying in all day and we just have a coffee and potter around, maybe see if any of the sales have started.

Merry Christmas Everyone.



2 comments:

Susan said...

Love it! You would not think it was the same set of lights.
Gorgeous pics.

Stephanie Parsloe said...

That is just absolutely amazing!! I always think xmas lights look so much prettier out of focus (which is how I tend to see them without my glasses!!) And Lucy is gorgeous!

Steph x